Looking for a new way to preserve fresh peaches, I found a water bath canning recipe for Peach Rum Sauce. 😍
So, now we all know what I'll be up to tomorrow. 😎😏
So yesterday I rounded up what I didn't have (Captain Morgan Gold Rum) & today made this recipe from Bernardin, a trusted Canadian canning site. (I took some liberties with this recipe and used the zest of an entire lemon, which is more/less the same amount called for).
There was a wee bit of peach syrup leftover so I canned that up for immediate use. Except we've all tasted it, and it'll be gone in absolutely no time! 😂 The golden rum & ripe peaches just really explode with a wonderful flavor of summer.
This recipe utilizes canned peaches as fresh fruit toppings for desserts, but they can be used in so many ways. Add-ins for oatmeal, yogurt or smoothies, toppings for pancakes or waffles intead of syrup or just eaten alone the same way you'd enjoy any other fruit sauce, like apple sauce.
This is just another great way to preserve fresh stone fruit you have easy access to.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for stopping by. I hope you've enjoyed what you've read here, and if you have any thoughts or questions please feel welcome to leave a comment. 😊

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for stopping by this blog. I welcome any and all thoughtful, respectful comments or questions.