Wednesday, August 26, 2026

Easy Homemade Ice Cream Recipe - No Ice Cream Maker Needed

Determined to eat better/cleaner food without all the weird added stuff (I read my daughter's ice cream carton ingredients. Y'all... that's not ice cream) I recently went on the hunt for a simple, homemade recipe that doesn't require an ice cream machine. I found several versions so I made up my own version based on what I found. No ice cream machine needed - just a standard hand mixer. 

•   2 C. heavy whipping cream 

•   1 can sweetened condensed milk

•   2 tablespoons vanilla (or any extract of choice)

Whip cream in a bowl with a hand mixer until medium peaks form. Fold in condensed milk and flavoring, then mix until stiff peaks form.

Line a loaf pan with plastic wrap with extra to fold over the top of the pan. Fill the pan with the ice cream, smooth it flat and lay the top section of plastic wrap directly over the ice cream like a seal. Fold the opposite length over the top. This prevents any ice crystals.

Freeze 8 hours or overnight for best results. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by this blog. I welcome any and all thoughtful, respectful comments or questions.