Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Garden 2024 Update #4

For many, spring is a very fast moving, things-are-changing-quickly season if you're keeping a productive garden.  Lots of work to be done both indoors and outdoors.  Plus, if you're like me, you've got all sorts of big ideas and big plans for changes and additions to your space, so that's just work on top of the work. 

This year, I'm planting the same amount (more or less) in my staple garden, but I'm not taking as much time to invest in different varieties of things, or what I usually call the "experiment garden bed" as I've done before. Instead, and it's really long overdue, this year my plan is to work hard at beautifying the space.   

Over the last several years I really haven't focused on that aspect of the garden as much as I'd like to, so this is the year to make it as lovely, comfortable and inviting as I know how to make it.  Anyway, that's the goal.  So here's a few shots over the last few days for a mostly pictorial update as things are getting busy out there!


The 6x6 wooden post the mint is sitting on: recycled old clothesline post. 


Thrifted metal window wells turned into a raised bed.


Yukon Gold potatoes in those eight grow bags. Please excuse the wheelbarrow handles 😁


Russet Potatoes in these two grow bags on the left. First year growing them so that's exciting! 


The first 4 white pots are different mints used for tea, then Lemon Balm and Yarrow at the end. 


My raspberry bush relocated for the 3rd time.  Now it's between the Peonies, permanently. 


A Bloomerang Lilac I've had for almost a year now. Easily doubled in size if not more. 


Meet Mr. Ed.  He always follows me around in the garden. 
He just turned 8 years old a few days ago. Happy birthday Mr. Ed! 


A new, faux raised bed/border box. It sits flush with the deck without being attached. 
Future home to rhubarb & strawberries.


I really can't ask for a better view. I mean, wow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.
Feel free to share your thoughts.