Monday, April 18, 2016

If You Need Me - I'll Be In The Back Yard

The Great Back Yard Project of 2016 has begun, and I'm pretty excited about it!  Last week the fence guys finished replacing our chain link fences with this gorgeous wooden fence.


We couldn't be happier with it.  The only thing is, between all the workers and the equipment our yard was sort of transformed into a mud pit.


So now begins the clean up and spring/summer projects:

1. Till the entire yard (except the part that has the sand)
2. Enlarge the sand area to include under the picnic table
3. Run weed cloth all along the fence on both sides & top with beauty bark
4. Get some clematis planted at the back fence
5. Put in a sand box for the grand kids :)
6. Lay sod where the grass used to be
7. Paint the last Muskoka chair I never got to last summer
8. Put a new coat of paint on the table top & benches of the picnic table
9. Install solar lanterns at each fence post on both sides
10. Pick up some additional chairs for the fire bowl area (there's just never enough seating for everyone who shows up for a night at the fire bowl!)

During the construction and installation of the fence, most of my lilac bush and my butterfly bush had to go, so I definitely need to replace the butterfly bush as well.  I've already begun the project by pressure washing the picnic table to remove all the loose and peeling paint, and cut and burned all the trimmings from the bushes that had to come out for the fence to go in. Hubby and I picked up some supplies yesterday and the weather forecast is clear and sunny for the next 3 days, so I'm going to do my best to get as much done as possible in those three days.

It's a rather ambitious project and I'm going to be sore from head to toe when I'm done, but I'm looking forward to having a beautiful back yard again!