Wednesday, April 27, 2016

DIY Yard Project Day 6



Well, after a couple of days of rainy weather and being super busy doing other things (one of which was resting my back since I accidentally over-did it), I was back at it today!

First, I finished laying all the weed cloth where either sand or recycled bark will be going.  Bark along the edges of the fence and sand from the picnic table all the way to the fence, under the lawn swing.

I topped the sand area with as much sand as I had but I still need more for the lawn swing area so that's on the list for tomorrow.


I put a decent layer of topsoil in the back corner of the yard where the grass just never wants to grow. I'm hoping with it being freshly tilled and nice new bed of topsoil, this will be remedied.



Then finally I moved all the chairs & stuff onto the sand, so the yard is all ready for me to seed & topdress tomorrow.


I still have a bit of work to do in the lawn swing area.  It's not level where it's sitting so I'll have to fix that.  That white pvc lattice sheet is going to hang on the fence directly behind the swing just because it looks pretty and beachy :) We still need to put the top shade on the swing, and I'd like to replace the cushions this year with matching colors to the Muskoka chairs but I'm not sure if I'll get to that.  I still need to paint that last chair that gorgeous turquoise blue and then re-paint the table top and seat tops of the picnic table. Still have a few more loads of recycled bark to lay, and then finally lay a load of pretty red bark over the top.

I still haven't decided where these lovely ladies are going, but they've been with us for so long (despite the fact some of them have broken wings, or arms lol) they deserve a lovely spot.


So tomorrow will be seeding and topdress, more sand & more bark. Hoping to get all that done in the morning as we have rain coming later in the day.