Sunday, April 24, 2016

DIY Yard Project Day 5



Well, I have a hunch my massage therapist is going to shoot me not only 1 stink eye, but both. You can't really tell from the picture but before I layed the sand, I raked, and raked, and re-raked the entire yard to get it as level as humanly possible. And to get out all the big rocks, twigs and anything else I didn't want there. I'll probably go over it all one more time before I seed & topdress.  Yep, I've decided to seed instead of sod. More on that when I get to it. :)

As for the sandy area, I underestimated and need about 4 more feet of length at the end of this, so I'll run another strip of weed cloth tomorrow and pick up another 3-4 bags of sand for this section & then that part is done. Once the picnic table is out of the way, the area between the fence and the fire bowl will also be getting a section of weed cloth and roughly 6 bags of sand.  I'll be moving the picnic table back there when it's finished and putting a new coat of paint on the table top and seat tops, just to freshen it up.  So, the entire sandy section of the yard will be from under the picnic table all the way to the fence, roughly a 20'x8' section.

Because... I love sand!


And on a hot summer day I can sit out back with an icy cold beverage and do this, with my tootsies :)