Monday, May 6, 2013

Status Report: May 2013

It's been a while since I posted one of these, so here we go:

Sitting... at my desk, in the game room (but not for too much longer)

Drinking... coffee with fat-free French vanilla cream.

Wishing... I didn't have cold feet. I don't mean figuratively, I mean literally.  It's a gorgeous spring day, probably around 72 degrees outside, sunny and blue skies and yet... here are my feet, freezing. Generally, unless it's mid 80's or warmer, they're cold.  It's one of those little, petty, miserable things.

Feeling... antsy.  Our house closes in 3 weeks and I still feel like jumping up and down on the bed like I did the day the owners accepted our offer. Yes, I really did that.  After the house closes we're sticking it out here for another 4 weeks while the kids finish off school but we'll be moving in boxes and light things for the whole month of June.  My goal is to have everything neat and tidy, unpacked and put away already, before the movers come on the last day and move the big stuff.

Looking forward... to a summer without flies in my house.

Missing... blogging on a regular basis and wishing there were more hours in a day.

Making... a long list of all the "we're moving" things that have to be taken care of.  It's been 11 years since we've moved last and while some things are still the same, other things are completely different for us.  This is what happens when you live in the middle of nowhere and technology just zipped right past you. I assume we'll be up to speed fairly quick, once we're moved.

Liking... having ALL the junk gone from my house.  I've gone through every room, the basement, the yard and the double car garage and hauled out every last piece of junk/dust collector/broken item and gotten rid of it. Here we have a once a year "large item" collection in the spring where you can put pretty much anything out on the curb and its hauled off to the dump, for free.  I started the process in January and just this past Saturday hubby and all the kids helped get the last of it out to the curb.  So now, when it's time to finish packing, I already know everything left is going in a box.  That feels really good!

Thinking... about how life will be so so so different living in a regular neighborhood again, as opposed to living in the country.  Our youngest four kids at home have never lived in a neighborhood (well, the 15 & 14 yr old did, but they were too little to remember it) so it'll be a fantastic new thing for them.  Walking to school, walking to the store, walking to the park, playground, friends houses.  They're 15, 14, 12 and 9 and none of them have ever been able to do that.  I'm so excited for them.

Praising... the Lord for His faithful provision that has enabled us to be able to do this.  I know most first time home buyers are much younger than we are, but we were just never in the position to purchase a home before.  We've had so many ups and downs and financial struggles that it really did seem like one of those things that other people do, not us. I had honestly given up the idea of owning a home, many years ago.  So when this happened, and it became real, well I just can't stop thanking the Lord for His blessing.

Hoping... I will retain the ability to keep designing and that total strangers from around the world will keep buying my designs on various products, thereby keeping me employed :-)

Have a great Monday!

3 comments:

  1. I want to move just so I'll clean out and de-junk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol Lisa, it was a HUGE job. We accumulated a horrific amount of junk in 11 years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to share your thoughts on this. All I ask is that you keep it clean, on point, and respectful. Or I will send my beagle after you.