Thursday, June 2, 2011

This 'n That

It occrured to me a few days ago that the month of June marks seven years since I started this blog. Seven years?! When I say it outloud it seems unreal but it really has been that long. There probably isn't a topic I haven't covered or at least commented on in passing, in those seven years. To commemorate the blogiversary I think I'd like to go back and highlight my own personal favorite, top 7 posts in those years. I'll do that before the month is out.

And now a little of this 'n that...

STATUS UPDATE (PENDING)

You know those status update blog posts that many of the lady bloggers do? Well, I was bound and determined to write my May status update from my laptop, on the deck. It is now June, and you'll notice that Deck Update never happened. I keep waiting for a really nice day where a.) I'm not busy doing things all day and b.) I can sit on the deck undisturbed and write. We've have some really nice days lately but I've been so unbelievably busy I haven't had a day for just writing. I hope to have one of those peaceful, unbusy days real soon.

DISCONNECTED

Sometimes I really hate technology. It seems as though if I don't check FB every day or read blogs every day, I have absolutely no idea what's going on with the people I care about. In our day, folks just blog or FB what's going on in their lives and if you miss a day (or a week) you're pretty much disconnected and out of the loop with your long-distance friends. I don't check FB every day (every other day, maybe) and I only read blogs about once a week and so by the time I've caught up with everyone I'm already a day late and dollar short.

A HUGE THANK YOU

I know a lot of the customers and referrals I get at my online shop at zazzle come directly from readers of this blog and I owe you all a HUGE thank you for making May 2011 my most successful month ever. I truly love what I do. I love creating fun, family friendly designs (okay the line of zombie gear might be a little borderline with the toddler set, I'll grant you that), and knowing that fun, non-obscene, non-profane t-shirts and the like are indeed popular. Sure I could make a small fortune creating lewd, tacky, tasteless, totally off-color designs (and many have), but at the end of the day I love knowing that CUTE and clean are just as much in demand.

That's about all I have for today.  I'm off to take daughter #3 shopping for a wedding she's attending this month and get myself 800 cans of fly spray.  Living in the country has it charms, to be sure.

Have a fantastic day!
Graphic design by Carla Rolfe