Thursday, March 17, 2011

Status Report: March 2011

It kind of made me sad today when I noticed the last post here was two weeks ago. I haven't lost my love for writing but I've been so busy with other things I just never seem to find the time to sit down and blog the way I used to. I miss it, so to rectify that here's a status report:

Sitting... at my desk, wondering why I don't use my laptop more so I can sit somewhere else. I love my new lappy, and I don't use it nearly as much as I thought I would. Maybe come spring/summer I can report that I'm sitting outside on the deck, or in the grass. Yes, blogging from the grass sounds really good to me. I miss grass.

Drinking... water. Trying really hard to drink more of it these days

Realizing... just tonight that my littlest grand daughter will be 2 next month and my oldest one will be 5 this summer. WHERE does the time go? I know everyone says that but it's a valid question, isn't it?

Cleaning... well, I'm still in the cleaning/declutter mode that I've been in since Sept. 2010. On Friday I will completely clear out/off my desk, take it apart, throw it in the burn pit and drive to Staples and buy a new one. FINALLY. I can't wait to have a more space effecient workspace.

Going... on a family outing tomorrow. To a mall, of all places. Not my first choice in family outings but that's where everyone decided they wanted to go. Hopefully they have a cinnabon there. :o)

Loving... that winter is almost over and spring really is right around the corner. I try hard not to snivel and whine about the cold weather (James, you hush!) but it just really gets to me after a while and I turn into a grumbler.

Preparing... for our big road trip coming up this summer. Since we're headed to the states we all have to update passports and that's a time consuming (and money consuming) process. I'm so excited to go home, even if it's only for a few weeks! I miss my mommy and my grandma and the smell of the bay.

Enjoying... a cranberry and brie phyllo puff. I know, I shouldn't be eating this time of night but it's cranberry and brie! Resistance is futile.

Procrastinating... with my workouts. Not that I meant to, it's just that I forgot I was going to begin those again on the 15th. It's been so long (all winter) that I was out of my workout routine that I forgot both days until the very end of the day. Lord willing, tomorrow I will get my workout "game" for the Kinect and begin that on Friday. I'm REALLY looking forward to it, and to getting back in shape, eventually.

And... that's all I've got for now. :o)

Graphic design by Carla Rolfe