Thursday, January 27, 2011

Evangelism Wear - Yes, it WORKS!

Yesterday, my friend James asked me to put part of a verse of Scripture, in Greek, into a word cloud style design for a t-shirt. The task seemed simple enough to start with, but let me assure you, typographic art is not nearly as simple as it might appear, especially when you're using Greek!

It was a challenge but a fun challenge, and I came up with this:



Now here's the part I think is sort of funny. You see, Christian t-shirts should be used/worn with the idea of evangelism in mind. As in, "hey, that's an interesting shirt". This is a great way to spark conversation, talk about what your t-shirt says and what it means, and get the person thinking about the verse or the meaning of the verse.

Why is this funny? Well, based on the comments left at James' twitter feed and FB wall after he posted a link to it, I already know it works exactly as intended because many many people (Christians) responded and essentially said "nice, but what does it say?"

I was quite pleased with the way this turned out, and you can get yours here at my zazzle shop, or here with a brand new merchandise supplier of fantastic colored hoodies.

Just be sure you know what it says before you wear it because... you WILL be asked!

(For those who aren't sure, the image says "No one can say, Jesus is Lord, except by the Holy Spirit.")

Graphic design by Carla Rolfe