Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Pink Ribbon Chicks

Fighter Chick Yesterday I was contacted by a lady through my zazzle shop who wanted to know if she could purchase my Chick design in the form of a Breast Cancer Awareness Chick, complete with pink ribbon. When I created that line I had every intention of adding a Breast Cancer Awareness Chick, but just hadn't got to it yet.

Well, now I have. That custom request plus the fact that national breast cancer awareness month is just around the corner gave me the little reminder that I needed. In fact I've added three Pink Ribbon Chick lines. Fighter Chick (shown here on stickers), Support Chick and Survivor Chick.

The Pink Ribbon Chick lines come on keychains, buttons, magnets, stickers, mousepads, mugs, t-shirts, tote bags, hats, aprons and binders. The Support Chick line also has kid sized t-shirts for babies and girls. (Survivor Chick and Fighter Chick products are also now available at Reflections cafepress)

I've known far too many women over the years who have been directly impacted by breast cancer, and just recently learned that the sister of a dear friend was diagnosed with it as well. I'm a strong believer in breast cancer awareness and the education that comes along with it, as well as support and encouragement for those battling it and those holding up the ones who are battling it. As a cancer widow myself, that kind of support and encouragement makes all the difference in the world, trust me.

Graphic design by Carla Rolfe