Friday, September 24, 2010

Good Job!

When I was homeschooling, one of the brightest spots in my day was giving out awards for a job well done. If one of the kids did an excellent job on a spelling test, or got all their math problems correct, it was my delight to put a really cute little sticker at the top of the paper and hand it back to them.

There really is something quite magical about a fun little star sticker when it's handed to a kid along with praise for a job well done. Their faces light up and they proudly display their work (and sticker) for all to see. It doesn't really matter how old you are, I think we all like to be recognized for our hard work and told "good job". The kids just get the stickers to go along with that recognition.

As some may know, we're no longer homeschooling and these last few weeks I've been on a cleaning frenzy, de-cluttering what was once our schoolroom. It's a huge job to sort through years and years things piled and filed and stacked in bins, drawers, shelves and boxes. Yesterday I came across one of my favorite teacher tools ever, and that was the giant roll of motivational stickers. Since we're not homeschooling anymore, I can't hand these out the way I used to so I wanted to do something a little more permanent with them. I've redesigned (and even created a few new ones) each sticker and put them on these fun 3 ring Good Job Binders in the form of a single graphic:



Two different styles to choose from, primary colors for boys and lighter pastels for girls! Now, all day long at school (they'll even work just fine for homeschooling kids as well), my kids or your kids can just be super-encouraged anytime they take their binder out and use it. The binders are also personalizable, so you can add your child's name to the front and the spine of each one.

Normally, I post about new stuff and fun stuff on the store blog, but I wanted to share this here today with my Reflections readers. I might even decide to order one for myself. Big girls like stars too. :o)

Graphic design by Carla Rolfe