Sunday, August 1, 2010

Random Stuffage

• Since I joined dailymile (as much as I don't like it, I purposely posted the fatty pic of me there to motivate myself.  I'll change it when I've hit the first 10 pound weight loss goal) last week, I've walked 7 miles. I know that's not a lot, but I plan to increase my distance and time each day (which is what I've done all week) and hopefully, finally get rid of the extra weight.  I need to get a good pair of walking shoes and would like to get a decent pedometer too, but that will have to come later. Yay, go me!

• While on vacation I'm very self-disciplined.  I'm in bed every night by 11, drink way less coffee, eat a good breakfast every day and engage in lots of physical activity from long hikes, frisbee and more. By contrast, when I'm at home I stay up till 2-3am, drink my weight in coffee every day, never eat breakfast and do a whole lotta sitting at my desk.  I have concluded then, I need to be on permanent vacation.

• I'm having a blast designing new goodies for the fall/winter holidays.  Lots of fun new stuff in the Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas sections at Reflections zazzle, and hopefully lots more coming real soon. If you're planning a Halloween or a Christmas party, I sure hope you'll consider one of the fun, custom invitations there!

• This past week my sister and I both posted fun new photo albums of Bremerton, WA.  Hers are the now pics and mine are the then pics.  If you're from there and have moved away (maybe stationed there while in the Navy?), or if you're still there, go take a look.  I searched high and low and just could not find pics of the old Chateau Roller Rink on Marine Drive, the old East and West high schools, and the Koontz Junior High building (before it burned down).  I'd also love to find shots of downtown Bremerton in the 60s and 70s.  If you know where I can find those shots, I want to hear from you!

National Root Beer Float Day
• DESSERT! A family favorite in the summer: 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream, topped with a spoonful of crushed pineapple and a generous drizzle of caramel sauce.  Everyone loves it and it's a very simple ice cream fix.  Speaking of ice cream, this coming Friday (August 6th) is NATIONAL ROOT BEER FLOAT DAY!  We'll be celebrating of course with root beer floats in the traditional way.  I've never tried it and always wanted to: orange soda floats, cream soda floats, grape soda floats.  Which is your favorite and what's the weirdest float you've ever had or heard of?

• Recently, I had several people come to me on two seperate issues and ask me to clarify my position.  The reason they needed this clarification was because the position I now hold is not the position I previously held and that naturally led to some confusion.  All I can really say about that is: praise God for the work He does in our minds and hearts through the work of sanctification and growing in grace.  I'd like to believe with age comes wisdom, sharper discernment, and a more balanced, Biblical view of things.  I'd like to believe that, and I can, because His word tells us that's exactly what He does with His people.  That's pretty awesome stuff, right there.

• This past movie night we rented Clash of the Titans.  I remember watching the first one at least a few hundred years ago, but I really didn't remember anything about it aside from the mythology aspect of it.  I am quite happy to say that not only did we LOVE this movie, we found it to be a great movie the kids could watch too.  That's a pretty rare combo these days, so when we come across one like this I really like to recommend it.  CAUTION: there are 2 cuss words in the movie. That's it.

• I had an inquiry today about a "Grandma Rocks" t-shirt.  I didn't have a design like that so I went ahead and created one. It's very basic and just for fun!  Of course I couldn't leave well enough alone, so now there are also shirts for grandpa, mom, dad, brothers, sisters, babies, aunts, uncles and lots more. What's more, the text is entirely customizable so you can create your very own IT rocks t-shirt for whatever your passion happens to be. Chocolate Rocks? Biking Rocks? Broccoli Rocks?  The choice is yours!
SEE THE FULL LINE HERE.

I can tell you, after having my youngest grand daughter over for a sleepover last night (even though she made me miss church today), being a grandma most defintely rocks. :o)

Graphic design by Carla Rolfe