Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I'm Now a Daily Miler

Yesterday, I joined the modern era's version of a support group. I know that sounds sorta weird, but it's actually VERY cool. The site is called dailymile and you can check it out here.

Essentially, it's a format very similar to FB, but instead of just social networking the whole premise is centered around getting into shape and motivating others (your fellow dailymiler friends) every day to keep going, keeping up the good work, and the like. When you set up your profile and enter in your city, once you start posting your workouts (run, cycle, swim, walk, pick your activity) you can actually map it on the little map route using the pedometer. If that's your normal route, you can even save that route and use it again, or add new routes whenever you like. Every time you post a workout, it automatically adds up your miles, calories, time and more.

In a similar way as "liking" a post on FB, you can like posts by others as well as sending them a little motivator. I don't care who you are, it helps tremendously to have support and encouragement when you're trying to lose weight and get into shape.

I'm brand new to the dailymile so I'm sure there are other goodies I haven't even discovered yet, but I'm SO glad I was directed to this site. If you'd like to join too, please do add me as your friend and you can bet I'll be motivating you too! My profile is here: http://www.dailymile.com/people/Carla1212

Graphic design by Carla Rolfe