Friday, April 30, 2010

Prayers Please

It's been a tough week, to say the least. Earlier this week our zebra finch Rusty passed away. We had just been talking about how long we'd had him (almost 8 years) that night at dinner. After dinner our 12 yr old went to change his food and water and he was gone. It was sad, as it is to lose any pet you've had for a long time.

This morning I woke up to an email from my mom telling me that my 92 yr old gma was taken to the ER in the middle of the night. They're saying it's a possible mild stroke. Last report said she seems to be okay other than a slight slurring of her speech. Not sure if they're keeping her there or not yet. Please pray for my gma, she does not have a relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ, and it's my heart's desire that He will save her before she enters into eternity, whenever that may be.

Also this morning, we all woke up to another passing that is making it really hard not to cry right now. She would have turned 11 years old tomorrow, but she was just too tired to make it. Our border collie Dougal, who had been unwell and very tired for a long time, stayed outside in her favorite spot in the grass last night and sometime after she fell asleep, she left us. She'd been staying out there a lot lately and we'd been checking on her and taking her food and water, so when our 11 year old left to catch the school bus this morning she checked on her and discovered she was gone. I had no intentions of digging a grave today, but that is exactly where I'm headed right now. My throat is tight, my nose is stinging and my eyes won't stop watering.

It's going to be a very hard day for all of us who really loved fat old Dougal. She was a really good dog.

Graphic design by Carla Rolfe