Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day - I Love/Hate It?

I wonder if I'm the only one that finds Valentine's Day confusing. Not the day really, but how I really feel about it?

I think its sort of ironic that THE day set up as the day for love, makes me feel so conflicted.

- I hate VDay - if you don't do something, go somewhere, buy something, you're a grouch and a grump.

- I love VDay - I think it's a wonderful thing to celebrate your love with that someone special.

- I hate VDay - when you're single and everyone's making a big whoop-dee-doo out of the day (including every single store, and everywhere you go online) its just a constant reminder that you're single and have no one to share the day with.

- I love VDay - my kids always make me cute little cards (or buy me something cute) because they love me.

- I hate/love VDay - for me, it becomes personal as well because this year it would have been my 24th anniversary with my late husband Ben. It was also just before our 5th anniversary we got the news of his terminal cancer.

- I love VDay - I love stuffed animals, pink and red hearts, candies, cards and flowers. All those things are very good.

- I hate VDay - it's far far far too commercialized.

Am I the only one who feels like this about Valentine's Day?


Graphic design by Carla Rolfe