Thursday, February 25, 2010

Introducing: COOLNESS for your feet!

This is something I'd normally post at my store blog, but I'm so thrilled about it I just had to post here :-)

Mens PRO KedsAt Reflections zazzle, I have a brand new line of super cool, custom PRO Keds hightops and lowtops in both mens and womens designs. I've been working hard on these designs for a while now, and the shop section is now open! I had such a blast creating designs for the PRO keds, I plan to add many more in the next few weeks.

I wanted to be as familiar as possible with these classically awesome shoes, so I did a little bit of research before I ever created my first design. Of course we've all seen these great shoes our whole lives (for the most part) but did you know PRO Girls Only styles!Keds have been around since 1949?

Originally created for outdoor & court play and worn by numerous NBA stars in the 1970s, the PRO Keds Royal (the style we have now at Reflections zazzle) has graduated from classic American sports wear to cult status among the cultural revolutionaries in New York City. These sneakers are so amazingly stylish they're actually sought after by collectors around the world. Now just how amazing is that?!

While the styles themselves (the graphics I use to create the design) cannot be altered, you can customize every single pair by changing the lace color, eyelets, upper binding, midsole, toe cap and more. All styles come in a HUGE range of sizes from 4.5 all the way up to 14! Those are mens (American) sizes, so you can Mens PRO Kedsjust easily pick the size that coordinates with the womens size (example: a mens 7 is a womans 9). The possibilities are only as limited as your imagination to make your pair 100% unique!

I already have a wide variety in both mens and womens, but I have a huge file of designs I haven't even uploaded yet, so there will be tons more to come!

Wild & Funky PRO Keds in hightops and lowtops for men & women. Great styles for any taste! Graphic design by Carla Rolfe