Tuesday, February 23, 2010

International Family Fun

Kev and I celebrated our 12th anniversary this past Sunday. He was working so we really didn't do anything until tonight when we went out to dinner. That was an extra special treat for us, since we only do something like that every few years or so. We decided to go to Montana's since we'd never been there before. The food and the service both were exceptional, and I'd highly recommend them to anyone.

Nothing like a little Olympic event to inspire international rivalry!For our anniversary, I bought us matching t-shirts... sort of. :-) In honor of the Olympics (which we both enjoy very much) and because we're an international family, these are the t-shirts we wore to dinner. It was rather humorous when the waiter seated us, as he noticed the t-shirts immediately and commented on them, and then a little chit chat about last night's amazing ice dancing competition started up. He handed Kev his menu and said "here you go sir" and looked at me and said "and you... get NOTHING!" and started to walk away. Of course he was joking but it was pretty funny. He asked if I just rooted for the American team or if I am an American, and I said both, of course (Bree Schaaf - womens bobsleigh on tonight - is from my hometown of Bremerton WA - Go BREE!!) The waiter reluctantly handed my menu to me and we all got a laugh out of that.

It was a very casual, very enjoyable evening. I certainly didn't expect that kind of reaction from my t-shirts, but that was fun too. Your results may vary of course, but you can grab your own GO USA or GO Canada gear at Reflections cafepress.


Graphic design by Carla Rolfe