Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Inspired

Rarely a day goes by that I don't sit here at my desk and design something. Inspiration for design comes from many places, and one of those places believe it or not, is through dreams. On a very regular basis, I will see a poster, t-shirt, bumpersticker or some other type of product in a dream, that I created. In reality of course I have not created it at all, but in the dream I have and it looks wonderful! I generally make an effort to recreate the design I've seen in the dream, and sometimes it works out quite well (and even better than what I saw in the dream) and sometimes it doesn't work at all.

Prayer

The dream world is where this latest design comes from. In the dream I saw this poster on the wall above my desk with the other posters I have similar to it. I especially liked this one because of the dual message and scenery, and for the way it brightened up the wall with the seascape coloring.

So when I had the time yesterday, I made the effort to recreate it. It turned out even more vivid than it was in the dream, and I'm quite pleased to offer it on a very limited line which includes a poster, calendar print, fridge magnets and postcards. You can see that new line here.





Graphic design by Carla Rolfe