Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Merry Christmas!

Yesterday one of my daughters called me a tradition nazi. I must confess, the accusation is as true as the day is long. I love family traditions and as long as I have breath in my body, we will carry on our family traditions, even if means my kids will call me names. They love our traditions as much as I do, they just like to tease me. I have no idea where they received the smart alec gene. It's a genuine mystery.

In any case, after a long day of baking and cooking today with Bing Crosby singing Christmas songs for me via the cd player in the kitchen (our big Christmas dinner is tomorrow!), we all grabbed our coats and boots, and went into town to look at Christmas lights, grab a hot chocolate and ooooh and ahhh at the pretty displays. I don't have a very good camera for night photography, but here is some of what we saw this evening:




(Ontario law - you cannot view Christmas lights without a Timmies hot chocolate!)











For our family, the crazy, noisy, happy, festive wonderful joy of Christmas begins tomorrow as I get up and begin preparing the annual Christmas eve feast. All my kids and their significant others, my adorable grand daughters, my mother in law and sister in law will all be here by the time the turkey comes out of the roaster. Dinner will be consumed, it will be nearly impossible to keep sneaky fingers off the dessert table, and then the family gag gift exchange will begin. When that's over the oldest three girls will go home (most to return Christmas morning for breakfast), and we'll watch A Christmas Carol with Alistair Sim. The little ones will go to bed (with visions of mom's fudge, dancing in their heads) and the gifts will be placed under the tree and all the stockings filled. The adults will be exhausted but with an anxious and wonderful anticipation of seeing the kids faces Christmas morning. Its the same routine every year and I never tire of it. Kev and I exchanged emails yesterday while he was at work, giggling and anticipating the craziness of it all, just as if we were kids ourselves.

I still have 2 bacon quiches to get in the oven, and then I will relax a little before it all begins tomorrow morning.


From our family to yours, we wish you a very Merry Christmas, and most blessed and joyous New Year!



Graphic design by Carla Rolfe