Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Product Review: WOWZERS!

Okay... calling all homemakers, pet owners, carpet owners and people that live in houses. Pay attention because I've got some GREAT news.

You know all those products that say they remove pet stains and odors, and all kinds of other wild claims about how the product will remove such stains as urine, blood, vomit, feces, hairballs, bad attitudes,  mud, dirt and grass, coffee, tea, red wine, cola, fruit juice, etc. - then after paying entirely way too much money for them you get them home just to find out they do NOT work as advertised?
Yep, we all hate that. You feel like you've been scammed and wasted your money on yet another high-priced bottle of junk that doesn't work. But I have some amazingly cool news - there really IS a product available that works exactly as it claims. No, it's not a flamethrower.

While in the grocery store the other day (for you folks in Canada, I found this at Zehrs) I walked past a display in the eco-friendly aisle and saw this product. Having never seen it before I figured "why not?" and decided to give it a try. We live in a house that the previous owner had a dog. That dog liked to use the living room and dining room to do his business in, and from the day we moved in nearly 8 years ago, it's been a losing battle to keep our dogs and cats from following suit.
I rent an industrial carpet cleaner several times a year to do the big jobs, but I'm constantly trying new products for spot clean ups and they NEVER work.

Well, I brought this stuff home and followed the directions: spray and walk away. Yes, that's what it actually says. So I sprayed the toughest, ugliest, darkest stains, and walked away. It says on the bottle that stains and odors will gradually disappear over a 48 hour period but just out of curiosity I went back into the living room a few hours later and immediately noticed the smell was already gone. Then I went to look at the stain and to my huge surprise, I couldn't find it! Nor could I find the other one I sprayed, or the other one, or the OTHER one. Yep, true story, they were already completely gone after just a few hours!

Since then I've walked through the house and zonked every single stain on the carpets I could find (we have 7 kids, 2 grand kids, 2 cats, 2 dogs, in-laws, outlaws and guests, we acquire plenty of carpet gremlins) and so far, this product has removed all but one stain. The one it didn't remove has been there for years, but all the others are GONE.

In summary, this product seriously rocks. I paid 6.99 for it at the grocery store and that's a pretty amazing price for a product like this. So, if you're like me and have tried everything and nothing works, and really LOVE the idea of a non-toxic, biodegradable, hypo-allergenic cleaner that is safe to use around pets and kids, and need something that really works, this is the product for you. In case you're wondering, no, I was not paid for this review. It's just such an awesome thing to find something that works like the marketing ads claim, I had to pass it on.