Sunday, November 1, 2009

Just when you thought it was safe...

to sit around moaning and complaining about the miserable things in your life, Rebecca goes and starts her month of November Thanks once again. I had forgot she was going to do this, and today was one of those days where if it can go wrong, it did, in spades. So, in light of the way things went today (I'll spare you the details because that's not what this is about) I was really glad to read Rebecca's post.

So today begins an entire month of thanks. I've followed along with this theme in years past and find it quite encouraging to focus on thankfulness each day for an entire month. You might find it boring to read happy, thankful, grateful posts every day so feel free to skip off to something more controversial or exciting.

Customizable Family Recipe BinderSo what am I thankful for today? Well, the first thing that comes to mind is this. I know that might sound strange, but it's true. Every time one of these binders sell, it makes me feel happy that I was able to create something for someone's home, that they will use and enjoy for years to come. Knowing that they customized it with their own family name, and that it will be filled with family favorite recipes that makes everyone smile when they smell it cooking or baking... well, that surely makes me happy. In a small way, I get to feel like I'm teeny tiny little part of the families that buy these, and that's a pretty awesome feeling.


The very idea that I have the tools to be able to design things like this that other folks use and appreciate, well that makes me thankful. So my thankful today is that I can do what I do and in doing that, it makes other people happy. I like being a part of happy. :-)


Graphic design by Carla Rolfe