Tuesday, September 22, 2009

'Tis the (Cold and Flu) Season: 2009

"Each capsule has been certified by ChemBioPrint (CBP) to contain 200 mg of CVT-E002, a unique extract of oligosaccharides and polysaccharides from Panax quinquefolium..."

Maybe it's just me, but I read something like that and suddenly I feel dumber than a box of rocks. Quinquefolium you say? Oh sure, I use that every time I make autumn ginger cookies! Actually, no I don't. Until today, I didn't even know what it was.

When I woke up today at 4:26 am, absolutely miserable and needing to cough but not wanting to for the fact that my throat was on fire and I knew it would hurt like crazy, my suspicions that my adorable son Samuel (who's been nicknamed "Smiley" by the school principle and staff) had given me his Yuck Virus that he was suffering from on Sunday were confirmed. I am officially Mom Yuck.

So you're probably wondering what in tarnation that has to do with those crazy oligosaccharides and quinquenfoliums, right? Simple, that's a specific extract from North American Ginseng, and what you'll find in every capsule of COLD-fx. I've been told the Canadian Hockey guys swear by it (shame on them for swearing) and I've tried it once before when I had a bad cold and it seemed to work quiet well, so I decided to try it again. Last time I tried it at the tail end of the cold, this time I'm starting the turbo-dose at the beginning of the cold, so I just hope it works like advertised, since I sorta have a HUGE event coming this Saturday.

I certainly don't want to be remembered as "the mother of the bride coughing her head off at the wedding". That would not be good at all.

Besides, it simply has to work because tomorrow is "finish all my shopping for last minute things including potato salad fixin's for the rehearsal dinner, Samuel and Ruth new shoes, Eric's birthday present which is the day before the wedding, and everything else I forgot before now" shopping day. I can't do all that if I'm feeling icky!

So come on you perky little quinquefolium extracts, do your ginsengy thang!!