Saturday, August 8, 2009

Tag You Back

Twice this week I've been tagged for a meme on FB. I've tried to respond according to the directions before, but FB just doesn't like dial up and doesn't cooperate with me. So, for those who find memes boring, just skip this.

1. What time did you get up this morning? 9:07am (I'm loving summer vacation!)

2. How do you like your steak? Well done. And I do mean WELL done. A dab of A1 on the side, please.

3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Independance Day, summer 1996. I know, 13 years since I've been to the movies. Crazy, huh?

4. What is your favorite TV show? If I had to pick only ONE, it would have to be 24.

5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? Likely in Bremerton, but with my entire family, church family, and Kev's job too. I guess I'll stay where I am.

6. What did you have for breakfast? Frosted mini-wheats. At 11:30.

7. What is your favorite cuisine? Italian or Mexican.

8. What foods do you dislike? Seafood, most veggies, and anything curry has come anywhere near.

9. Favorite Place to eat? Las Casuelas - 368 North Palm Canyon Drive Palm Springs CA. If you're anywhere near there, try the beef chimichangas and take a seriously hearty appetite.

10. Favorite dressing? Chunky bleu cheese

11.What kind of vehicle do you drive? During the week: Chevy Cavalier, on Sundays: Pontiac Montana

12. What are your favorite clothes? T-shirts (duh), comfy pants and flip flops. Yeah, I'm not very high maintenance when it comes to clothing options.

13. Where would you visit if you had the chance? First Scotland, then Ireland.

14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full? 1/2 full

15. Where would you want to retire? Someplace warm. I'm only 44 and the cold winters here are already too much.

16. Favorite time of day? That's a tough one for me. I'm a night owl but I really love that first part of the day when you sit down with your first cup of coffee and consider the new day and your plans. Then again, I also treasure my afternoon naps. I dunno, I have lots of high points in my days! :-)

17. Where were you born? Bremerton WA

18. What is your favorite sport to watch? Does destruction derby count? If yes, then that's it. If not, it'd be baseball.

19. Who do you think will not tag you back? No idea and doesn't really apply since I broke the rules and blogged it instead.

20. Person you expect to tag you back first? See #19

21. Who are you most curious about their responses to this? Everyone, but no one will reply because no one comments at my blog anymore. Ever. I'm a boring loser apparently. (at least my kids still think I'm fun!)

22. Bird watcher? Oh yes indeed! Kev and I got into birdwatching about 10 years ago and we teased each other about taking up an "old people" hobby. He's still older than me, so I get away with it. :-)

23. Are you a morning person or a night person? Mostly a night person I suppose.

24. Do you have any pets? Yes. Tulip and Dougal (dogs), Pyro, Swiffer and DJ (cats), Rusty (bird). DJ is currently MIA and has been for about 3-4 days now. The smaller people who live in my home are trying diligently to get me to agree to bringing in a replacement, in the form of an 8 week old kitten. It is seriously tempting, but the jury is still out. Like DJ.

25. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share? New? No. Exciting? Yes, my daughter is getting married in 49 days! And I still don't have a dress. Her future mother in law and I are going shopping VERY soon together, since she doesn't have hers yet either. What is wrong with us, that we've put it off THIS long!? Oh yes, we both hate shopping, that's the problem.

26. What did you want to be when you were little? Taller. As for a profession? Well, for a while I wanted Marlin Perkin's job (Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom), then I wanted to be Mary Poppins. Oddly enough after growing up and having 7 kids, I pretty much nailed both jobs.

27. What is your best childhood memory? I have lots, but I think my favorite ones are the summer trips we took with grandma and grandpa. Adventures with family, it just doesn't get any better than that.

28. Are you a cat or dog person? Cat.

29. Are you married? Yep, to Kevin.

30. Always wear your seat belt? Always.

31. Been in a car accident? In one serious one, and hit by a car once too. I don't recommend either. It hurts, a lot.

32. Any pet peeves? Tons, where shall I begin? Smart cars that look so stupid. People who seem to think insulting other people with lofty vocubulary makes them any less of a knob than the person who just blasts off without thinking. It actually makes them more of one, since they have to take the time to consider which high priced insult they want to use. I'll stop there, before I get myself into trouble.

33. Favorite Pizza topping? Italian sausage.

34. Favorite Flower? Carnations.

35. Favorite ice cream? Bergundy Cherry from Baskin Robbins.

36. Favorite fast food restaurant? Wendy's - big bacon classic. Yumbos!

37. How many times did you fail your driver's test? None.

39. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? My own!

40. Do anything spontaneous lately? I bought the kids a dvd I wasn't planning on buying. Does that count?

41. Like your job? Do I have a job? I am a wife, mother, grandmother, teacher, student, designer, wannabe writer, wannabe photographer and soon to be mother in law as well. I LOVE what I do, in every hat I wear. I am amazingly blessed far beyond what I deserve.

42. Broccoli? Gross. Except for in my sister in law's incredible broc-bacon-onion salad. Its the only way I'll eat it.

43. What was your favorite vacation? That's a tough one. My first trip to Disneyland was pretty amazing. My 3 week road trip out west was a blast. The year we went to Pixieland was quite memorable as well. I don't have a favorite, they all have their own special memory place.

44. Last person you went out to dinner with? Kevin and Rachel.

45. What are you listening to right now? The sound of the water splashing into the pool from the pump.

46. What is your favorite color? Bergundy.

47. How many tattoos do you have? A month ago I would have said none. However, my dentist told me that blue spot on my gums is like a tattoo from an old filling. How weird is that?

48. How many are you tagging for this quiz? No one. I'm just rambling away, into the bloggy wind.

49. What time is it? 12:52am

50. Coffee Drinker? Um... well... yeah, kinda.



Reflections Apparel and Gifts - Family Friendly Shopping