Thursday, May 14, 2009

Please Pray

I just got word that my Uncle Merle passed away at 8am this morning. It is so very difficult to be so far away from my family at times like this. Would you join me in prayer for those who will need it the most?

Merle's wife Robin, sister Estella (my mom), brothers Gene and Roy, mom Zora, kids Michelle and Robert, his ex-wife Judy (they've remained good friends for many years), and all his grandkids. I am especially concerned about my grandma (Merle's mom). She's 90 years old and not in very good health herself. Merle was her baby (youngest of 4) and she recently told my mom through tears that parents are simply NOT supposed to bury their children. Please pray for each of my family members that the Lord would be gracious to send great comfort to them all.

Uncle Merle was just one of the jokers in the family of jokers. He'd take the cousins camping, tease us all, goof off with us all, and had a laugh that was simply infectious. I hadn't seen him in years but he had a special place in my heart all the while growing up. He will be greatly missed.