Monday, May 25, 2009

Monday Miscellaneous

(This is in place of Good News Monday, which I missed last week)

I think it might be a good bet to assume that once you've started a post and then deleted it several times, you've come to a funny place in writing/blogging. I can't tell you all how many times I've done exactly that over the last six months or so. In some ways it's rather frustrating, and in other ways its exactly what I need to do to help me in my curtailing of the snark factor. I'm trying really hard to reign that in and it's most decidedly not an easy thing to do for someone like me, especially when there have been tons of things going on in life and in the world that I could write about in full-on Snark Mode. I've never seen "snark" in the beatitudes, so I'm going to assume it's a safe bet that it shouldn't be named among us either. Amen?

So, I've really been pouring myself into designing, instead of writing. It's not that I don't have a million things to say, because I certainly do. It's that I know much of what I have to say is either merely speculation about certain things, or not really all that important to anyone. I guess after almost 5 years of blogging (next month) I've finally come to a place where I'm re-evaluating the usefulness of it. No, I'm not closing the blog or anything like that, I'm just taking some time to do other things instead of being (or feeling, anyway) strapped down to blogging every day.

We're into our last 2 weeks of school for the year (how does the school year fly by so fast every year?), I've got my garden in (would it be silly to ask you to pray for my tomatoes?), and I've got a monumental yard sale to prepare for next month. I'm going through EVERY room and clearing things out. All the clothes are going to Goodwill, and I already have LOTS of bags. We have a Goodwill bag in nearly every room of the house, and several more in the spare room. We have so much STUFF, it's insane. Stuff we never use, stuff in the way, stuff that takes up room and collects more stuff. We don't need all this stuff! I'm hauling it all to the garage and throwing a giant tarp over it (note to self: go buy a giant tarp) so the birds in the garage don't mess on it, and when it's ALL finally out of the house and in the garage, I'll set the date for the yard sale. If you're local, do come on by. I'll have coffee on and probably some cookies or muffins too. No, I will not have any LPs, with funky covers.

So all that to say, yes I'm still here, no I'm not riding off into the Bloggy Sunset, and yes I do still appreciate comments even though commenting is down these days for whatever reason. Oh, and if you would like to see my newest design line, go here. It's been a lot of fun creating these great little gifts.

And now... it's off to begin school. Two HUGE weeks of work for these kids, before the big end of the year party. They've all made incredible advances this year, and I'm very proud of all of them. They have no idea we're taking them to the movies (at a real theater, first time in YEARS) for the end of the year party. Shh... don't let the secret out!