Monday, May 4, 2009

Good News Monday

Good News Monday!

Okay so it's GNM once again and I'm really not as prepared for it as I hoped. You know, it's not easy coming up with good news links. It's really easy to come up with bad news, controversial news, or scandelous news. But GOOD news? Whew, that's a tough one. You really have to go looking for it, and if you're busy like me, time just gets away from you before you have a chance to dig around for the GOOD stuff. I do have a few things to share though, and I hope by this time next week I'll have more than a few.

Do you suffer or struggle with feeling discontent? I know I sure do. As hard as I try to be always thankful and always grateful, there is still that nagging little voice annoying me and telling me to be discontent with the way things are. My good friend Steve has a wonderful series going on Contentment and I think it will bless you to read it.

Timmy Brister has been posting some very helpful posts on Twittering. If you're new to twitter, and want to understand how it works, how you integrate (sync) blogs, twitter & facebook and all that sort of thing, I think you'll find his posts helpful. It's a given that twitter isn't for everyone, but for those who wish to try it out, do check out Timmy's posts.

This may not be everyone's cup of tea, but if you're a progressive rock fan, and also like great Christian lyrical content, you might want to check out Neal Morse. I've only recently discovered his music so this is not an "across the boards" endorsement of him or his doctrine, however, his cd entitled ONE is simply brilliant and quickly becoming one of my favorites.

As long as we're on the music scene, I simply MUST tell you about my newest cd. Tim Janis - Amazing Love: An Easter Celebration of instrumental Hymns arranged and performed by Tim Janis and his Ensemble. Go right here to buy it, you'll be so glad you did. (Yes, I do have a very diverse taste in music, from prog rock to classical).

Here's some really good news for anyone planning to shop at Reflections in the next day or so (Mother's Day is coming soon - and we've got GREAT Mother's Day stuff!). I'm the Mom Tote Bag Get a FREE shipping upgrade to 2 day shipping, if you order by midnight May 5. Yes indeed, free is always a great price. Now, here's all the fine print:

* Choose Standard Shipping, and at no extra cost we'll automatically upgrade you to 2-Day Shipping (when needed) to ensure delivery by May 9, 2009. Delivery address must be within the United States and cannot be a PO Box. Promotion starts on May 1, 2009, at 12:00 a.m. (EST) and ends on May 5, 2009 at 11:59 p.m. (EST). Cannot be combined with any other CafePress.com coupons or promotions and this offer may change, be modified or cancelled at anytime without notice.

Well, that's all I have for today. If you have some good news, please do feel welcome to share it via the comments - I'd love to read all about it!