Sunday, April 12, 2009

Resurrection Sunday: A Heart Divided

Today is a beautiful day. It is the day Christians around the world celebrate the joy and hope of our Risen Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ. Together we rejoice that He did indeed do as He said He would, and 3 days after His death, rise again. This reality and what it means causes us to rejoice and praise Him abundantly.

It is also a day of heartache for me for a vastly different reason. While so many people are celebrating today, there is a family not far from my house who's hearts are broken as they wait for word about their precious little girl who went missing this week while walking home from school. I don't know this family personally but I am a mother of daughters Tori Stafford's age. I've walked that street myself, and I know exactly where she was last seen. It's just TOO close to home, on every level. I can't seem to stop thinking about them, praying for them, and hoping desperately for GOOD news with each news update that comes through.

Every professional with experience in investigating child abductions says, KEEP talking about it. Until the child is found, keeping posting fliers, keep the child's face before the public, keep twittering, keep myspacing, keep facebooking, keep blogging and keep emailing. Some may think it's over doing it, but I honestly don't care. Someone took this girl from her family and someone knows where she is. Someone knows the young woman Tori was last seen with (shown in the surv. video) and someone knows where she is, too. No question Tori would like to be at home this morning with her family, but sadly she is not.

So, while I do indeed rejoice today in the resurrection of our precious Lord, I will also continue to keep posting about Tori Stafford and updating the first article I posted a few days ago, making it the top post here, until further notice. I can only hope fellow bloggers and locals might do the same if Jordan, Rachel, Samuel or Ruth went missing.


Great Christian t-shirts and gift ideas for the whole family
reflections at zazzle too!