Tuesday, February 3, 2009

In a Weird Place

It occured to me recently that I'm in a weird place. No, not Canada, but a weird place spiritually. Maybe emotionally too, but definitely spiritually. It's sort of unfamiliar territory for me and I don't really care for it too much.

I have a stack of books sitting on my desk in the "to read" section, and I really don't want to read any of them. Well now that's not entirely true, I want to know what they say, I just can't seem to get myself back into my reading routine. Part of that is due to circumstances out of my control and boring details I'm not going to get into, but the other part of it is just a general lack of interest in reading. That really bothers me, since I've always been an avid reader. It also bothers me because the books sitting here waiting for me to read are really good Christian works that I set aside because I really wanted to read them. At the time.

Instead of reading, I have this itch to work with my hands these days. It's hard to explain but for artsy/creative people it's not even really something you want to do, but something you feel like you have to do to express whatever creative burst is trying to come out. I used to draw a lot when I was younger and that's what I feel like doing. Not writing, not reading, not photography or even graphic design, but a good old fashioned pad of sketch paper and a fine charcoal pencil.

Maybe I just want to sketch lush, floral themes. Maybe I'm going nuts from yet another maddening, snowed-in Canadian winter. I suppose this is entirely possible.



Great Christian t-shirts and gift ideas for the whole family