Monday, February 23, 2009

Divine Timing - Divine Orchestration

The way God works things out for His people never ceases to amaze me.

When Kevin had to take 5 weeks off work due to his emergency appendectomy at the beginning of the year, we knew it would be tight with him going on short term disability pay. We are one of those families that literally lives paycheck to paycheck, so any kind of decrease is very noticable in the budget. The short term dis. pay was an extreme decrease from the norm, but God's people did what God's people do and stepped up to help us make ends meet.

When Kev returned to work after his time off, he returned in the middle of a pay period. The disability payments stopped at that time, but we knew that he'd only get a 1 week paycheck instead of a full check. Oddly enough, I wasn't really worried about it, because I knew God would work it out somehow. This was one the rare times that I really haven't been worried about making ends meet, and I have to say it's a pretty great feeling.

The same day Kev received his 1 week check, I received my check from the store for December sales. With the exchange rate the amount my check was, turned out to be exactly right down to the last dollar, what we were short with Kev's one week check.

Only God can orchestrate things like this.



Great Christian t-shirts and gift ideas for the whole family
reflections at zazzle too!