Saturday, December 13, 2008

One More Great Day

What a hectic, crazy, busy, noisy, wonderfully memorable day today was. Up far too late and out the door by 10:30 this morning, we made our annual trek 45 minutes away to the tree farm to cut down our Christmas tree. Yes, we could go to any of the tree farms close by, as they are just about everywhere, in any direction, less than 5 minutes from our house, but none of them are our tree farm. We don't get to see the familiar sites, walk the familiar trek out to the field, or drink hot cider and eat shortbread cookies inside the barn. It's a long drive for a tree, but it's the same place we've gone for the last 10 years, so it's the place we go every year.

We picked our tree (or to be completely honest, I picked our tree - the fattest one I saw, with adorable little wee pinecones still on it), Kevin cut it down, and off we went to the barn to have our yummy cider.

I got a new scarf, so of course I had to put it on!When we got home I had a great birthday party (and we celebrated our son-in-law-to-be birthday as well) with all my kids present and accounted for, all the boyfriends/fiances (theirs, not mine!), and my sister in law too. Good dinner, great dessert, wonderful gifts, and I was even shot by a nerf gun. You have not had a complete birthday unless you've been ambushed by a nerf weilding partygoer. Of course it sounds silly, but we're a rather silly lot, and foam dart guns have become something of a "thing" around these parts. Nearly all of us own one, and those who don't, frequently steal from those who do. :-)

What a great day it was. It was good to turn 44. :-)
I've uploaded pics here.



Great Christian t-shirts and gift ideas for the whole family