Saturday, November 1, 2008

Scatterday Miscellania

The votes are in and the poll is closed - and here are the results:

The Gospel According to Jesus - John MacArthur 11 (44%)
The Mortification of Sin - John Owen 8 (32%)
Transforming Grace - Jerry Bridges 5 (20%)
In Christ Alone - Sinclair Ferguson 1 (4%)

So this is the order of my reading list for the next little while. I'm disciplining myself not to have more than one book on the go at the same time like I've always done before, so that I stay focused on just the one. I do appreciate you all taking the time to vote & share your thoughts on this.

I didn't post a Whip Crackin' update for October because the news on that front is not good. Suffice it to say after 4 months of staying faithful to my workout routine, nothing has changed. Monumental discouragement there, and not a lot of ambition to continue the workout. Being sick off and on for the last 3 weeks hasn't helped either.

This may or may not be of use to you, but it's come in quite handy for me over the last several weeks.

I would strongly encourage you to watch this. It might make you cry, but you need to watch it anyway.

I was supposed to go visit family today, but I am rather sick. I have every cold symptom in the known universe, pretty much, and my throat feels like I partially swallowed a fireball. As miserable as I feel, it's pretty hard to feel sorry for myself after watching that video.


Great Christian t-shirts and gift ideas for the whole family