Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Wanted: Christian Geek - Inquire Within

I was talking with a pastor friend last night about prayer. More specifically about prayer journalling, and the benefits of that. By using a type of prayer journal you're able to enter prayer needs as they come up and you're helping to keep your prayer life focused and consistant. There are various ways to do this and this is what we were talking about.

He has a brilliant idea for an e-prayer journal. Very similar to what I've written about here, but something that folks can use electronically as a desktop software program. He shared with me his ideas on how such a program would include pre-set categories for each entry with the functionality to have the program set for daily pop-up reminders, email you, or allow you to print out any or all entries. There are a lot more details than that, but the gist of it is, this would be a downloadable, semi-automated journal that allows you to enter the data for whoever/whatever situation you're praying for - and then gives you a lot of features for reminders and personal/direct contact tabs.

The only problem is, he's not a programmer and doesn't know how to write such a program. Neither do I, or I would have started doing it last night when he told me all the details about it. Therefore, this is a help wanted ad for any Christian geek that might be interested in putting your geek skills to good use. If you're that geek, please do contact me and I'll forward your email to my pastor friend so you can discuss the details.



Great Christian t-shirts and gift ideas for the whole family