Thursday, October 2, 2008

Twitter

So then, I signed up at twitter. Why? I'm not sure, really. I see the little icon just about everywhere I go, so I was curious. I clicked, and realized I'd been to the site a long time ago and thought "well this seems dumb, who cares what people are doing?" Apparently, lots of people care since lots of people are twittering. Or tweeting, or something.

It strikes me that it's very much the same deal as the wretched FB "status" updates (can you tell I hate FB? Well, hate may be a strong word, but I really dislike it very much, a lot). Because people (allegedly) care what you're doing/feeling/thinking whenever they check their friend status link on FB. I'm honestly not sure why this is important. It says it's a great tool for "hyper-connectivity". Are you kidding me, I don't even use my cell phone!

If I knew how, I'd be inclined to develop a program called G'LOST. That'd be cool lingospeak for it's fuller name, "get lost". There would be NO graphics whatsoever, no additional apps to add. There would be no chat apps, no noisy apps, nothing to download, nothing to install and nothing that wants your password or any other information about you. In fact, you wouldn't even need to sign up to use it. The only functional link would be the pretty red X in the upper right hand of your screen. It would look eerily similar to a blank screen, with one small exception. Once you click the pretty red X, you'd be redirected to a screen that would have this message:

____________________

GET OFFLINE AND GO READ A BOOK, DO THE DISHES, MOW THE LAWN OR FEED THE DOG.

HAVE A NICE DAY, THE G'LOST TECH TEAM.

____________________

It'd be a huge hit, I bet. Oh well.

So I guess I'll explore around a bit more and attempt to figure out what the big whoop-dee-doo is about twitter. If you're twittering too, feel free to follow me over there. Don't expect anything earth shattering as far as updates go, I just can't imagine anyone giving a rip about what I'm doing at any given time of the day.

I am curious though, do YOU twitter? If you do, please share why, and what you're getting out of it? Inquiring twits, want to know...


Great Christian t-shirts and gift ideas for the whole family