Friday, October 31, 2008

Celebrating Halloween

You know what really bothers me about Halloween more than anything else? This:

Some Christians celebrate it and some don't, and both opinions should be respected. If you're one of those idiot Christians who hates it that your kids might actually have fun, and you enjoy being a miserable slob and ruining their lives and scarring their precious childhood memories because that's your personal worldview, then by all means stay home and listen to your kids cry tonight.

I see this every year. Written from the perspective of those who celebrate Halloween, about those who do not. Open, blatant, mockery of those who have chosen to seperate themselves from participation in Halloween traditions. Boy oh boy do I ever get tired of reading that.

I bagged (no pun intended) this annual observance in 1995 after a few years of pesky conviction. I've never regretted the decision, and I have no issue that my 4 youngest kids (who have never celebrated it, in any way) will grow up all messed up in the head because they didn't celebrate it. For those Christians that do still celebrate it, yay for them and I hope they have a really fun time in however they're doing that.

Why can't the same consideration be given for those that chose not to partake? I just don't get it.


Great Christian t-shirts and gift ideas for the whole family