Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Two Items and then I'm done

Item #1:

You want to see something really cool? Okay, but you have to get up about 5am tomorrow morning to do it.

Yep, it's the annual Perseid meteor shower, and peak viewing time this year is the last few hours before dawn, August 12th. You don't really have to drag yourself out of bed before the crack of dawn to see them, but for the best show, you do. I stood and watched them about 1am today for a few minutes, and they were pretty cool at that time.

My mom sent me a cool link (with fantastic slideshow pics) that you can check out to get the best viewing tips.

Item #2

Wouldn't it be cool if there were a law passed that required EVERYONE to wear funny t-shirts in public places? I mean think about it, everywhere you'd go (bank, dentist, grocery store, etc.) everyone (including you) would have on a funny t-shirt (all clean, nothing vulgar, nothing obscene) and everyone would be doing the same thing - looking at everyone else's t-shirt and smiling and laughing. When was the last time you were in a public place where everyone was smiling and/or laughing?

That thought came to me when I saw a t-shirt this morning that clobbered through the fog in my head and made me laugh out loud for real. It had a cup of coffee in the center logo, and on the top it said "a morning without coffee" - then the bottom said "is like something... without something...". Oh yes, I did laugh. Laughing is good for you, and we should all do it lots more. Now go grab yourself a funny t-shirt to make people laugh. You'll be glad you did, and so will I, and so will they. It would really be easy to fill the world with funny t-shirts... and it would sure be a lot of fun.

And now, I am off to make a book order list for the 2008/2009 school year. Weeee... books!


Great Christian t-shirts and gift ideas for the whole family