Sunday, August 24, 2008

For THOU Hast Lifted Me Up

I will extol thee, O LORD; for thou hast lifted me up, and hast not made my foes to rejoice over me. Psalm 30:1

Do you remember when you were little and couldn't reach the cupboard door to open it? Do you remember when you'd ask your mom or dad to lift you up? Do you remember that feeling of complete trust and assurance that if you did ask, they would lift you up?

It's little things like that, that I often equate to 'faith like a child'. If we could all somehow get rid of all the grown up junk that saturates our minds for a moment and recapture a slice of that memory when we were too small to reach, that feeling of being in need and having that one person you could look to for trust, I think we might get a better idea of what it means to be lifted by the Lord.
Maybe we already know, but maybe sometimes we forget to simply trust like a child and know that He is ever-faithful? Maybe today is a good day to take a few minutes and recall what that kind of faith is like?



Great Christian t-shirts and gift ideas for the whole family