Thursday, July 31, 2008

Sam's PB/Chocolate Blowout

My son, is a genius. I know, every mother thinks highly of her own kids, but I'm telling you, this boy is sharp! I'll explain...

Normally when the jar of peanut butter is empty we just toss it in the trash without a second thought. Samuel decided the other day, that something on the label was worth a second look so he carefully removed the label and cut the section out. He brought it to me and said "mom, we really need these". It was a recipe that looked ridiculously yummy. I did what I always do with recipes, I improved it, and renamed it. :-) Without further delay...


Sam's PB/Chocolate Blowout


1.5 c. chocolate cookie crumbs*
1/2 c. melted butter
1/4 c. sugar
2 c. chocolate chips
1/2 c. peanut butter
2 c. mini marshmallows

Melt the butter and stir into cookie crumbs & sugar. (*You can use oreo crumbs, or graham crumbs) Press the crumb mixture in the bottom of an 8" square pan & bake for 5 minutes at 350. Remove & let cool. Meanwhile melt the chocolate chips & pb together until chips are completely melted. Stir in marshmallows and pour over cookie crust. Chill for 1 hour. Cut into 2" squares.


Yeah... that worked! :-)



Great Christian t-shirts and gift ideas for the whole family