Sunday, July 27, 2008

Computer Woes... again

So I'm in the kitchen making a potato salad when a lightning storm begins with a loud BANG. Suddenly, the power goes out for just a few seconds and it's followed by a very loud thunderclap. My first thought is "uh oh, there goes my modem". I didn't have time to come unplug, and sure enough, by the time I was done in the kitchen I checked my modem and POOF, it was toast. :-( This is not the first time that this has happened - the last time it fried the modem in mine as well as the family computer. At least this time it was only one of them.

The good news is, with everyone else on the planet using highspeed, 56k modems have come down so low in price, it's almost silly. To replace the exact modem in my tower I'd be looking at $14.99 plus tax. I admit it, I giggled when I saw the price. Instead of replacing the exact one though, I'm going to get an external usb 56k plug & play modem. From all the reviews I've read on it, it's an excellent modem and the best part is, I don't have to open my tower! Opening towers is for people that are not me. Inside the tower are scary things that intimidate me.

So for now it's Blogging Lite since I'm on the family pc. Tomorrow I'll head to the handy-dandy computer place and grab myself a nifty little usb modem, and hopefully, be back in business.


Great Christian t-shirts and gift ideas for the whole family