Learn new things about your friends and let them learn things about you!
1) Do you like blue cheese salad dressing? LOVE it!
2) Do you own a gun? Well, if I told you the answer to that, then I'd have to... well, you know. And yes, I do know how to use it. I'm a pretty good aim, too. ;-)
3) What's a favorite drink at Starbucks or other specialty coffee house? Specialty coffee house would be Tim Hortons and drink of choice would extra large cafe mocha.
4) Do you get nervous before a doctor's appointment? Depends on why I'm going.
5) What do you think is hot? Hot as in cool? Well, let's see. The new Trans Am is pretty hot. The Canon Digital Rebel, flat screens, swimming pools, and chocolate. Seems a fairly decent list.
6) What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Copious amounts of coffee, with either cafe mocha cream or french vanilla cream.
7) Can you do pushups? Well, lets be specific - the regulation push up or the cheater push up? I have no idea if I can do the standard push up, I haven't tried since 10th grade. I can however do cheater push ups and do them 5 days a week. Cheater push ups are the kind you do standing at an angle and with the aid of a chair back or wall, or the kind you do on your knees and only go part-way down before returning to the beginning position.
8) What's your favorite piece of jewelry? A sterling silver spoon ring my mommy gave me when I was 15. It's been on the same finger now for 27 years. Folks regularly comment on it, and say things like "wow, I haven't seen one of those in YEARS!" I love it. (Some day I'll get another one, I love silver rings and until I lost weight I had 11 of them on my fingers. I lost weight and they fell off and were lost. I only have 5 left.
9) Favorite hobby? I don't have a single favorite - I like lots of things. Reading, writing, graphic design, gardening, beating whoever shows up on the badminton court.
10)Do you have A.D.D? No, but I do have 7 kids that keep me distracted, confused, side-tracked and pre-occupied beyond what I can usually keep organized. Now, where are the kitchen scissors and why is there a rubber, neon green ant the size of an apple, in the dish drainer? Did I wash him? Was he dirty? What was the question again?
11)What's one trait that you hate about yourself? This is supposed to be fun, and there are too many of these to list, so we'll just skip this question like it never happened! w00t, fun!!
12)Middle name? Rae... as in... a ray of sunshine. *snort
13)Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment. 1. I snort when I laugh hard, 2. Why is my desk a mess, again? 3. I have to make a potato salad this morning for Caryn and Eric's engagement party this afternoon.
14)Name 4 drinks you regularly drink. Milk, water, coffee, pink lemonade.
15)Current worry right now? My gma's health, and that it doesn't thunder and lightning and pour down rain all over the party this afternoon. And... that 3 girls I know would come to a place of reconciliation. Soon.
16)Current hate right now? Cellulite. Please.
17)Favorite place to be right now? Anywhere that has a.) wildlife b.) no mosquitos c.) trees & trails and d.) with my camera
18)Do you like to travel? I love it, and wish I could do more of it.
19)Name three people who will respond to this: hmmm... mom, Caryn, and I have no idea.
20)Do you own slippers? No, I threw them out. I need new ones before fall. I need genuine leather, fur lined moccasins with hard soles (yes, I need those!), but what I'll likely end up with are WalMart specials.
21)What color shirt are you wearing? Heather gray Sea Lion Caves souvenier t-shirt. If you've never been there and you're on the west coast, go. Take the kids, they'll love it.
22)Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? Never had any. Sleeping is good though.
23) Can you whistle? Of course. Can you?
24)Favorite color? I don't have a favorite, I like lots of colors. If however, forced to pick one color over all others it would likely be a deep, hunter green.
25)Would you be a pirate? No. Pirates were a.) criminals b.) had poor fashion sense c.) did not bathe regularly d.) had awful oral hygiene and e.) weren't very nice overall.
26)What song do you sing in the shower? Hmm... that varies. Don't you just love bathroom acoustics though?
27)Favorite girls name? I don't have a favorite.
28)Favorite boys name? No favorites there either.
29) What's in your pocket right now? I don't have any pockets on the shorts I'm wearing.
30)Last thing that made you laugh? Probably wasn't the last thing, but watching Kevin slide down the water tube slide at the waterpark was pretty funny. It wasn't as funny when I did it the first time, it was scary! So, I had to do it again. :-)
31)Best bed sheets as a child? This struck me as a really strange question. I'm pretty sure I just had regular sheets as a kid, but my sister had this REALLY COOL sleeping bag with pink ballerinas all over it. I had a sleeping bag too, but mine didn't have the cool pink ballerinas on it.
32)Worst injury you've ever had? Worst as in terms of pain, was the first time I had a calcium build up in my shoulder. Getting the injection of pain-be-gone at the hospital ER was a happy time. Tying for place two would be the bike wreck with my friend in grade school, jumping my bike off a ramp and having the front wheel come off (tip: being gored with handle bars is not advisable) and the time I put my hand on a burner that had just been turn off. Eww, and more eww.
33)Do you love where you live? Yes and no. I love the property, but I am learning how to be content in all things. (Horrid question to ask a homesick person!)
34)How many TVs do you have in your house? Three.
35)Who is your loudest friend? Technically, I think that would have to be my pastor.
36)How many pets do you have? Dougal, Tulip, DJ, Pyro, Rusty.
37)Does someone have a crush on you? If they do, they need help.
38)What's your favorite book? Not counting the Bible, I'd probably say my favorite books were the set of encyclopedias I used to browse through as a kid. Doing that opened up my love for reading, and learning.
39)What's your favorite candy? There's a tie there. It's between dark chocolate covered sponge toffee, triple dipped malted milk balls, and black licorice. I think I just gained 9 pounds typing that.
40)Favorite Sports Team? I don't have one, but my favorite sport to play and watch, is baseball.
41)What were you doing at 12 AM last night? I was watching a movie.
42)What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up? First thing I thought was "I wonder what time it is and if the coffee is done" followed by "wow, it rained" followed by "I hope I didn't leave anything outside" followed by "oh man, the van windows are down" followed by "I have to make a potato salad this morning". That was all before I made it downstairs.