Saturday, June 7, 2008

That's My Bag

I've been really really busy the last few days. Between stripping wallpaper (gack), setting up the pool (yay!), getting a sunburn (ugh) and always trying to keep up with Mt. Laundry at the end of the day (pfft), I've also found some time to restock my very old zazzle account, with some pretty nifty tote bags! I have quite a few to add yet, but you can see what I've been up to over there, just by clicking on the little panel in the sidebar, or by clicking here. "Cool Christian Themed tote bags! The perfect solution for books, crafts, grocery shopping and gift giving. Earth-friendly, 100% cotton canvas totes with a message of faith! " I can't decide which one I need first. I think I might be going with In His Image.

It's funny, while puttering around outside yesterday and noticing how many strawberries and red currents I have this year, my thoughts turned to canning jam. It's been a while since I've had enough fresh garden (my own, not store bought) produce to do any canning, so I'm looking forward to it this year. Then, I saw an ad in the local grocery store flier for another type of produce that sounds like it also would make a most delicious jam. Pluots!

Maybe I just haven't been paying attention, but I'd never heard of pluots before. Have you? Have you ever made them into jam? If so, I'd like to hear from you.

And I'm off to finish setting up the pool - a high of 91 today! (Although, with ice cold well water on day one of pool opening, I think it'll be a while before this old lady will be in that pool!)


Great Christian t-shirts and gift ideas for the whole family