Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Party Time!!

We're planning an End of School Year party, but the kids don't know it. It's going to be a BIG surprise! They assume we're having some sort of 'event' because that's what we do every year (celebrating a year of hard work and a job well done!), but they assume we're having it on Friday. The surprise is, we're having it on Thursday!

You know, homeschooling makes it really really hard to plan surprise stuff, because the kids are ALWAYS at home! In any event, we're really hoping to pull this one off by making it appear as if they're actually doing school on Thursday. It's Kev's week to teach, so he's going to have them get ready for school (clean off desks, sharpen pencils, get their Bible workbooks out, etc.) while I dash off to the store.

Because the store is only 5 minutes from here, I'll be back before they finish their Bible lesson - and I'll be back with.... drumroll please...

What? I haven't decided yet. Cupcakes? Cookies and punch? "Happy End of School Year!" cake from the bakery, with their names written on it? I really liked that idea, and I know they would too. I'm open to suggestions, so feel free to contribute your fun ideas.

I only have until Thursday morning to make a decision & a plan!



Great Christian t-shirts and gift ideas for the whole family