Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Blogiversary: A Quick Trip Down Memory Lane

Well, happy blogiversary to me. Four years ago I decided to give blogging another shot. I thought it was a cool idea when I first came across it, but at the time I was so busy with home, family, school, running my own chat room and discussion forum, that my first blog didn't go anywhere or do anything. The more I messed around with google's blogspot, the more fun it was, and eventually the chat room and the discussion forum were gone. Well, technically the forum is still there but it has pretty much sat unused for a long time now. I couldn't bring myself to actually close it, since there were some pretty great discussions that took place there over the many years it was being used.

So this is my little trip down memory lane. It wont be long since four years isn't really that big of a deal. I thought I'd list the posts that stood out most to me.

The week of June 25 2004, I posted about sticking with blogging, making dresses, finding a new church, my grandpa's conversion testimony, a short study on angels and modesty. If you like, you can read those posts here. It was a short week of New Blogger Syndrome.

The week of June 25 2005 was a little longer than the first year. I was feeling very patriotic that week, and you can read about it here.

The week of June 25 2006 was even longer than 2005. I was feeling rather weary and still weary a day later.

Last year, I received a really kind blog "award" and turned right around and gave it out to 10 other bloggers. Then, I mused a bit on what it means to be a stronger/weaker brother.

Big thanks to all the readers here, all the commenters, and the super-fantastic wonderful friends I've made in the course of this short little 4 year blogventure. Now, let's have cake!



Great Christian t-shirts and gift ideas for the whole family