Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Something for everyone

The business of designing for t-shirts can be a complicated one. Some designs that come to mind are clearly more feminine and for women and girls only. Others more masculine and would appeal to men far more than women. Some designs just for kids come to mind, and then there are others that appeal to a much wider audience. (I can't design for teenagers, they change their minds so quick that what is cool today is hideous next week anyway, so I don't even try).

When I sit down to design something, quite often I have an idea in my head of what I want it to look like, and the final product may or may not look anything what I first imagined. Other times, I can work on a design for days and make it look exactly like I imagined, and I end up hating it and getting rid of it.

Two days ago, I sat down and created a simple design, inspired by my kids. As soon as it was done I thought of all the people I know, that NEED this t-shirt. My mom, my mother-in-law and my father-in-law. My brother (and his wife and kids), my sister (and her husband and kids, and grandkids), and my sister-in-law. My husband, definitely all my kids (and their significant others), my grand-daughter. My gma, all my uncles & their wives, and their kids and their spouses. All my friends and their spousess & kids, and their kid's friends.

In fact, I can't think of anyone that doesn't need this t-shirt, including me. It would be especially cool to see it as the official family reunion shirt, for someone's family. How fun would that be? I'd even be more than happy to customize the graphic with the family's name. :-)

And... here's the shirt.



Great Christian t-shirts and gift ideas for the whole family