Saturday, May 3, 2008

Slice of Me

Daughter, wife, mother, sister, student, writer, dreamer, teacher, friend, aunt, artist. This is who I am. At any given time on any given day, these are things I feel, deal with, listen to, struggle with, fail at, look forward to, explain away, and pray about:

anxious - accepting
bothered - blessed
content - crabby
disinterested - determined
edgy - empathetic
flustered - flighty
grateful - grouchy
happy - hopelessness
irritated - introspective
joyful - joking
kind - kooky
loving - loathing
meditative - mothering
nervous - nit-picky
overwhelmed - optimistic
prayerful - plucky
questioning - quarrelsome
reassured - relieved
serious - soothing
trials - teaching
unwavering - unthankful
vicious - victorious
wanting - well
excited - unexpected
yearning - yelling
zealous - zoned out

Then I wake up tomorrow, and do it all again.


I am thankful for so many things that get me through each day. Lots of little things and a few big things that make each day a new adventure with mini-rest-stops along the way:


God's grace
coffee
friends who listen
friends who love me
naps
hugs
prayers
humor
bed time
thick socks
bubble bath
scented candles
birds
purring cats
phone calls
silence
a crackling fire
good news
ice cream
answered prayer
FAMILY


Then, I wake up the next day and do it all again.


So... how was your day?

*It was pointed out to me that I left family off this list, and I certainly didn't mean to, so I wanted to make sure that was clear.