Sunday, March 23, 2008

He Is Risen

Resurrection Sunday, or Easter means so much, to every real Christian. In the most simplistic sense (and there is certainly nothing simple about our Lord raising from the dead), it means victory. Victory over death, hell and the grave. It means so much more than just victory though, and it's almost impossible to exhaustively list all that it really does mean. It's what seperates Christianity from all other faiths and religions - in that we have a RISEN Lord! Some years ago, right after I became a Christian, one of the first Christian songs I heard on the radio that summed this up so well for me personally, was a song by Dallas Holm. If you've never heard this song, I'd encourage you to listen to it via this video performance by Ivan Parker. It will surely bless your heart.




Go ahead, Drive the nails in my hands;
Laugh at me where you stand;
Go ahead, and say it isn't me;
The day will come when you will see!

'Cause I'll...
rise again; Ain't no pow'r on earth
Can tie me down; Yes, I'll rise again
Death can't keep me in the ground!


Go ahead, and mock my name;
My love for you is still the same;
Go ahead and bury me;
But very soon I will be free!

'Cause I'll...
rise again; Ain't no pow'r on earth
Can tie me down; Yes, I'll rise again
Death can't keep me in the ground!

Go ahead and say I'm dead and gone,
But you will see that you were wrong
Go ahead, try to hide the Son,
But all will see that I'm the One!

'Cause I'll...
rise again; Ain't no pow'r on earth
Can tie me down; Yes, I'll rise again
Death can't keep me in the ground!


'Cause I'll
Come again; Ain't no pow'r on earth
Can keep me back; Yes, I'll come again
Come to take my people back.