Friday, February 1, 2008

This 'n That

Since it's Friday and the week is coming to a close, I thought I'd do a little update post on some various things.

• Over at Sovereign Grace Books, I've added several new titles this week, including resources by John MacArthur, Albert Mohler's new book, and a great little Bible Study Journal. The vast majority of resources at SGBooks are linked directly to CBD. They have the best selection, at the best prices, with the fastest shipping - bar none. Oh yes, we love CBD.

• Over at the store, the weekly newsletter is now online. If you're a newsletter subscriber, yours should arrive in email today. Speaking of which, Reflections Apparel & Gifts now has 529 subscribers to the weekly newsletter. WOW! (Now if each subscriber would buy just ONE t-shirt in the next 30 days, I could have THE COOLEST giveaway contest ever... hint/hint...nudge/nudge...)

Speaking of the store, Rebecca shows off a new sidebar photo wearing one of MY shirts (she's wearing this one)! Thanks Rebecca, that was very kind of you do to that.

• Aside from reading James White's The God Who Justifies at night, the other great resource blessing me this week is John MacArthur's daily program found here. I used to listen to this every day, but I got out of the habit of doing that, partly because it's just too noisy in the morning here. I've sort of laid down the law so that I can have 30 minutes each morning with my coffee, to be blessed by this faithful brother's teaching. May I recommend that you find the time each day to do the same? It will only encourage you.

• On a more personal note:

I got an email last night telling me about a dearly loved family member who, as she gets along in age, is beginning to quickly lose her memory, resulting in a somewhat dangerous situation, as she's living alone and on medications. I'm referring to my Gma, who will be turning 90 this fall. Her living situation needs to change, but the best course of action is still up in the air. I live 2500 miles away and feel so utterly helpless, but there are several family members close to her that are doing their best to take care of her. Would you please join me in prayer for my gma's living situation as well as her spiritual health?