Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Tell Me a Story

For some people, stories are quite boring. For others, if they hear "well, there's a little story behind that", they're all ears and quite eager to hear the backstory on whatever the subject is. Quite often, people that like to hear stories are also the same people that really want to hear someone's strange dream - while the people who find stories boring, also have no desire to hear anyone's strange dreams. I'm not sure why it's this way, but in general, it is.

In my left sidebar I've got a little button that shows what's new in the store. Right now there's a little smirky-smiley guy asking "ya like me?" Well, there's a little story behind that (you knew that was coming, right?). My second oldest daughter Jennifer has a very goofy sense of humor, and one day out of nowhere during a fairly serious and tense discussion, she popped out with "hey, ya LIKE me!?" and made a really funny face. Well, we all lost it. "Ya like me?" became an instant family saying, and a tense-moment stand-by. In fact, as we were shoveling the van out of a snowbank last night, after an hour of trying to rock it and give it some traction, I whipped out "ya LIKE me!?" to Kevin. It's silly, it's goofy, but it works. Now imagine someone walking into a room with that design on the front of their t-shirt. Not a lot of people wouldn't smile, when they see something as silly as that. It's all for fun, and most of us need to do a lot more smiling anyway.

In the same way that there is a story behind almost all of the graphics I create, there is also a story behind me. I gave my conversion testimony in church on Sunday, and I also recorded it last night for you all to listen to as well. It's my hope that it blesses and encourages you. You can find that link in the right sidebar under my profile, or you can just right click here, choose "save target as" to save the mp3 on your computer and listen in. It's a little over five minutes long, and this is definitely the short version.

In any event, to God be all the glory, for this particular story.