Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Great Homeschooling Resources

If you're a homeschooler, go check this out. The Renaissance World--an online class for Middle Schoolers. I've already sent off an email for more info. It says it'll be livestreaming for this with highspeed access. I have dial up, but I can listen to livestreaming audio with relatively few breaks, so it just might work for me. (I'll remain hopeful here).

Now, just how wonderfully brilliant would it be, if more and more homeschool teachers dedicated a wee little part of their teaching skills, to an online class such as this? For example, a gifted homeschool dad, who might have a degree in math - offering an online tutorial? Or maybe a homeschool teacher that excells in teaching children to read? English, History, Apologetics, Science?

The field is wide open. I wish more would do this. It would only serve to richly bless us homeschool teachers (and more importantly our students) that might NOT be so gifted in certain areas.

It's not exactly the same thing, but I did offer our little program in memorizing the books of the Bible (which was a tremendous help, by the way, to ALL of us) so maybe I'll clean that up & repost it with a permanent link. Every little bit helps, right?