Friday, January 25, 2008

sniff... sniff...

I'm trying really hard not to be a whiner, but the cold is finally getting to me. It happens every year about this time, where in my estimation, winter should end now and spring should be here. I figured it had more to do with the fact that I'm not from hearty Canadian stock (I have Northwestern Washington rainwater in my vains, not snow), but even Kim (who is indeed a real live Canadian) is lamenting the cold and doing some California dreamin'.

So I got to thinking...

If I could stuff the furnace full of wood and get the temp in the house to 90, I could put on my favorite summer skirt with palm trees on it, go barefoot and make a key lime pie and pretend it was July. Of course it sounds silly but we're at the Silly Point of Canadian winter when even Canadians are just about fed up with the cold. Realistically, we still have about 6-8 more weeks of yucky weather, before we can check the forecast and NOT see any "minus" signs before those numbers.

Even the travel agencies are now airing those evil commercials that show shivering Canadians booking their mid-winter vacations to those lovely places with gorgeous beaches and blue skies. Evil I tell you!

Okay, I'm done whining. For now.